Sunday 3 January 2010

Ranting.

Not much is a gwanin at the moment. Sorry for the lack of posts. Can you say the same for the LACK OF COMMENTS?!

What is there to talk about once you've done a WHOLE fifty something posts?! Sheesh...
I've been reading some funny groups people are joining on Facebook recently.
I'll share them with you since you're here:

SOMEONE became a fan of: year 7 and 8 girls drinking and dressing like they're 21.

I think, upon further investigation, that was actually a group meant to deter girls from such behavior but... I don't think that quite worked....

SOMEONE ELSE became a fan of: I never realized that after Monday and Tuesday, the calendar says W.T.F

... Chronically confused and easily excitable? I think so.

Groups in Facebook are designed so that people who join a group for a common cause have the opportunity to discuss the topic with one another. I dread to think of the calibre of conversation in those discussion boards...

"I still remember the first time it hit me....
A friend of mine joined this group and I was like.. W.T.F? No way. So I went to check. And sure enough the calendar said W.T.F. I was like... W.T.F..."

"Where were you the day you found out the day's spelled W.T.F?","Facebook"

"THE CALENDAR IS FULL OF SECRETS AND CODES!!!!!!
ALL THE DAYS OF THE WEEK END WITH THE SAME THREE LETTERS!!!!!"

But anyway, those pale in comparison to an answer a friend of mine gave to an interview question on Facebook.

"What would you say to Superman if you saw him?"
"Change your gay hairstyle"

...

Firstly, I'd never want to anger a guy who can shoot out fire from his eyes, fly faster than a speeding bullet, lift mountains and through them in space, blow ice cold air and only has a weakness of a substance which fell from outer space. Once. I'd probably just say, good job man, keep it up.

But I love the fact that he's picked out Superman's HAIRSTYLE to impose homosexuality on him. Looking PAST the skintight blue and yellow spandex. And the cape. No, no, it's the HAIR that's gay....

What an absolute muppet. Full points for effort though.

"When you just want to say who gives a SH!T to someone's status." Is another group I've stumbled across. The whole fact that they went to the EFFORT to join a group to demonstrate JUST how indifferent they feel about someone's status... Real nonchalant there...

But also because they wouldn't ACTUALLY say it to the person's face. Which brings me to another group!

"If you're gonna say shit about me say it to ma face like innit blad" Ok, it's not written like that but something similar. Which in itself is joined by people who have had shit spoken about them. So they join this group to point out to certain people that they shouldn't make snidey comments. In the form of a snidey comment. Only, you let the group title make the comment for you!!

Do people know how to communicate anymore?! Okay, maybe I'm taking it a bit too far. But like... Write a god damn status, allow yourself to articulate how you feel rather than just joining with the masses in order to feel more validated in your actions... Or for whatever reason you join whatever groups you join.

I'm here to tell you that you CAN say how you feel. You don't need to trawl through millions of groups to see on that reverberates along with you. You can just write... I like cheese on toast. You don't need to join a group to affirm that. Just type it. Yumm, cheese on toast. Do it in your own words. Cheese on toast = yumm if you're that way inclined or whatever...
I've stretched this cheese on toast example a little too far now, but you get my drift. Try writing a status that demonstrates your capacity to think for yourself. As an individual. We've seen that you have a common hatred for the fat guy in the go compare adverts with 17,000 people but why no elaborate as to why that is in your OWN GOD DAMN FUCKING WORDS?!

Gah! But that's not to you people, you're all wonderful. Refer this blog to people who join too many groups so they can see what complete prats they are. Seriously, I need to comments, I'm willing to stoop to hate mail to get my fix...

Here's another I've just come across...
"I made a BIG mistake in 2009." Why join a group like that?! Just say what it was! Or if it's too lame to say, then why join the group in the first place? Why not just say in your status, "Ufff... this year was alright except for that one shitty mistake I made. You won't believe what it was... I got herpes. Damn..."

More to talk about...

I didn't though. That was simply an example...

What's more to talk about? Dunno. Nothing really. Go watch some iPlayer. (Being Human).
Or do something constructive. Learn a language. Comment on this blog. Do some cooking. Study. Comment. Read something.

No comments:

Post a Comment